Friday, February 14, 2014

La Fheile Vailintin

La Fheile Vailintin sona dhuit!

One of the most wonderful things about language courses is that they make a big deal out of the holidays. As a result, I now have several handy Valentine's Day-themed phrases to bust out at the nightclubs downtown...or maybe I will just harass friends with Gaelic love notes "from Gollum," who happens to be a major flirt.

A ghra mo chroi, preciousss.

No hopes dashed though, since we all know his true affections lie dissolved in the fires of Mount Doom. That aside, I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day. I think of Valentine's Day as a sort of pseudo-Thanksgiving, and I just want to give a shout out to all the wonderful people back home and in Ireland that I have the fortune to know. Thank you guys for making my day, every day. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment