Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Introductions

Hello all,

I imagine that most of you reading this blog already know me. For those who don't, well, I'm glad you found your way here.

Currently, I am a second-year student studying computer science at Oregon State University. I will be studying abroad at University College Cork in (surprise) Cork, Ireland these coming two terms (Winter/Spring 2013-2014)--and I've decided to document my experiences! Two reasons: 1) monologues are relaxing; and 2) to connect with the people I care about and let them know that I am still alive and breathing. Also, blogging, my friends, allows me to NOT blow up your Facebook news feed with interesting facts pertaining to gingers and Ireland and other tidbits you can't live without. Also it allows me to monologue more effectively. I am excited about this and will do my best to post regularly/ attempt to say something in 500 words.

So why Cork, you ask? Well, I wanted to go to Ireland through the Oregon University System. It is less expensive than many other programs and doesn't come with all the bells and whistles attached.

OUS offers two programs in Ireland: one in Limerick and one in Cork. I decided blindly on which one really, and afterwards found out Cork is supposedly the arts capital of Ireland. Ka-ching. That was a happy coincidence. I didn't really have time to wallow over which one I should choose anyways because I didn't actually decide that I wanted to go abroad until six months before my departure date--which was cutting it a bit close. Moral of the story: start as early as you can. That's all I'm going to say about that now.

Other than that, a little bit more about myself:
I enjoy painting and playing piano and investigating public transportation systems--because let's face it, metros and subways and Tubes are pretty cool. Also I am a part-time student at Hogwarts, studying related pop-culture fandoms that don't include vampire romance novels or any supernatural love triangles whatsoever. Because that's not really my thing.

Alright, thanks guys. I'm off to pack (or maybe just take a nap).


No comments:

Post a Comment